Austrian Airlines operates to New Zealand
Austrian Airlines operates to New Zealand. This is the farthest the airline has gone from its hub at Vienna. This farther than last week’s flight to Sydney which had created the record for the longest non-stop flight by Austrian Airlines as well as the farthest it had gone.
This is part of of set of repatriation flights operated by the airline. The airline is part of the Lufthansa group which has flown more than 70,000 passengers who were stranded abroad.
Austrian in Kiwi land
Austrian Airlines operates to New Zealand. The airline flew from Vienna to Christchurch with a stopover at Kuala Lumpur. The aircraft used was a B777-200ER registered as OE-LPD which is 13 years old and has a capacity of 306 passengers and flew as OS1433. The schedule is as follows.
|Kuala Lumpur – Christchurch||09:05||09:10||23:15||23:05||09:27|
The airline made a stop at Kuala Lumpur overnight after arriving from Vienna. The departure to Christchurch was the next day and it completed the joinery in 09:27 hours. This was the farthest the airline had been. It had covered a total distance of 11,262 miles from its hub at Vienna.
Austrian Airlines has been flying globally on repatriation flights. It has brought around 6,000 people from abroad. It has also been operating Cargo flights using its passenger aircraft. During this time it had operated its longest non-stop flight from Vienna to Sydney covering 16,000km over 18 hours.
It’s hard not to believe new records would be set and old records will be broken. With more repatriation flights set to come don’t be surprised if you see unusual flights taking place.
For more news, pictures and blogs from Aerowanderer ? Connect with us for latest information.
- Qatar Airways operates special livery aircraft to ChennaiQatar Airways operated a special livery of FIFA 2022 painted on its B777-300ER to Chennai from Doha operating an all cargo flight
- Oman Air operates A330 to Chennai for the first timeOman Air operates A330 to Chennai for the first time ever from Muscat in its 23 years of operation from Chennai.
- THAI Smile operates to Chennai for the first timeTHAI Smile operates to Chennai for the first time from Bangkok using its A320 aircraft. This was a repatriation flight operated by the airline.
- Emirates modifies B777-300ER for cargo operationsEmirates modifies its B777-300ER aircraft for cargo operations by removing the seats in its economy cabin to accommodate cargo in addition to cargo carried in the belly of the aircraft
- Etihad operates to Cuba for the first time everEtihad operates a humanitarian flight to Havana, Cuba for the first time ever using its B777-300ER aircraft from Abu Dhabi