Qatar Cargo to provide an airbridge between France and Vietnam
Qatar Cargo to provide an airbridge between France and Vietnam. The airline will be using its Boeing B777F freighter aircraft and B777 of its passenger variant for this service. The airline also had provided an air bridge between France and China. Qatar Airways is one of the few airlines to have been operating passenger as well as cargo flights for the last few months.
Air bridge between France and Vietnam
Qatar Cargo is introducing an air bridge between France and Vietnam using its B777 aircraft. The airline is set to use 11xB777 freighter aircraft for its operation from Hanoi.
It is also set to use four weekly cargo only passenger B777 aircraft which will operate from Ho Chi Minh until June for its customer Bollore Logistics.
These flights will transport more than 2,000 tons of essential medical supplies, face masks and PPE’s to support French government and French ministry of health in its fight against the pandemic. These are in addition to the 10 weekly flights it operate to Vietnam.
“We are glad to support France in their fight against the COVID-19 pandemic. Our entire team is working hard to ensure critical medical supplies are reaching places where they are needed the most. We couldn’t have done this withoutthe help of our commercial customers who have supported us to prioritise aid and relief shipments over their existing commercial arrangements. These are difficult times, but I am confident that we will all emerge stronger after the crisis is over.”Mr. Guillaume Halleux, Chief Officer Cargo said in a statement
Qatar Airways set to expand its network globally with the aim of operating to 50 destinations by May and expanding to 80 destinations by June using its diverse fleet based in Doha.
Qatar Airways Boeing B787-8 aircraft collides with its fellow Airbus A350 aircraft at Hamad International Airport in Doha due to strong winds.
Qatar Airways Cargo sets new record for the number of cargo flights operated using its freighter aircraft as well as passenger aircraft The airline has been operating both cargo as well as passenger flights.
Qatar Airways to increase operations amidst the crisis aviation is facing and schedule additional flights to Australia.
Global cargo operations
Qatar Airways has operated a number of charter as well as scheduled B777F flight transporting over 5,000 tons of medical supplies and goods into France. The airline had recently established a cargo bridge between France and China.
The airline is also operating around 175 flights per day breaking records for the number of flights being operational. During the past months the airline has been closely working with governments and NGO’s for the transfer of over 1000,000 tons of medical supply and aid.
This has been done using both passenger as well as cargo aircraft and on charter as well as scheduled services. Qatar Airways is one of the few airlines to have been operating to as many destinations as it has done.
Qatar Airways had adopted a series of measures for its ground staff which includes adhering to social distancing to ensure minimum level of contact.
All of its freighters and passenger aircraft are equipped with face masks, gloves and hand sanitisers for crew and all the crew and staff are screened regularly.
- Qatar Airways operates special livery aircraft to ChennaiQatar Airways operated a special livery of FIFA 2022 painted on its B777-300ER to Chennai from Doha operating an all cargo flight
- Oman Air operates A330 to Chennai for the first timeOman Air operates A330 to Chennai for the first time ever from Muscat in its 23 years of operation from Chennai.
- THAI Smile operates to Chennai for the first timeTHAI Smile operates to Chennai for the first time from Bangkok using its A320 aircraft. This was a repatriation flight operated by the airline.
- Emirates modifies B777-300ER for cargo operationsEmirates modifies its B777-300ER aircraft for cargo operations by removing the seats in its economy cabin to accommodate cargo in addition to cargo carried in the belly of the aircraft
- Etihad operates to Cuba for the first time everEtihad operates a humanitarian flight to Havana, Cuba for the first time ever using its B777-300ER aircraft from Abu Dhabi
- Emirates to operate to 29 destinations from DubaiEmirates is set to operate to 29 destinations from Dubai using its B777-300ER aircraft adding to the list of destination is is already operating to.