Etihad operates to Cuba for the first time ever
Etihad operates to Cuba for the first time ever. This was one of the many goodwill flights operated by the Abu Dhabi based airline. Etihad Airways doesn’t have a scheduled service to Havana, Cuba. The airline has operated to 32 offline destinations and a total of 2500 flights to 101 cities since March 24th.
First time to Cuba
Etihad operates to Cuba for the first time ever. This flight was a goodwill flight operated by Etihad which was chartered by the UAE government. The airline carried Cuban citizens who wanted to return to Cuba from UAE. Havana, destination to which Etihad operated to isn’t normally served by the airline.
The flight was operated using its B777-300ER aircraft registered as A6-ETG. The flight time from Abu Dhabi to Havana was just over 15 hours. This was one of the many humanitarian and goodwill flights operated by the airline.
Etihad expands cargo operation using passenger aircraft. The Abu Dhabi based carrier is set to expand operations after announcing last month that it will use its passenger aircraft for cargo service.
Etihad expands repatriation flights. The airline has announced a series of special flights to 5 destinations on top of the list of destinations it had announced earlier.
Etihad to suspend all its passenger operations from its base Abu Dhabi from 24th March
Repatriation and goodwill flights
Etihad Airways operated several humanitarian flights to 32 cities around the world. These cities aren’t served by passenger or cargo flights of Etihad. These cities are Bogota, Bucharest, Grozny, Kiev, Larnaca, Podgorica, Tirana, Yerevan, Zagreb, Auckland, Bhubaneswar, Bishkek, Dushanbe, Dhaka, Erbil, Kabul, Lucknow, Makhachkala, Addis Ababa, Antananarivo, Bamako, Banjul, Conakry, Freetown, Harare, Kinshasa, Moroni, N’Djamena, Niamey, and Nouakchott.The airline also operated a special humanitarian flight carrying essential medical and cargo for the Palestinian territory.
“All of us at Etihad feel a collective sense of pride, and humility, in the knowledge that we have been able to fully mobilise our resources at a time of great difficulty and suffering, to provide essential aerial lifelines to those in need. We have been able to move with agility and fly to territories never served by us prior to the current global lockdown, so we can aid in the repatriation of people.Ahmed Al Qubaisi, Etihad Aviation Group Senior Vice President Government, International and Communications had said in a statement
The airline also operated special passenger and cargo flights including charters to further 32 places. The airline now is slowly starting regular operations with global easing of lockdowns.
Do you want more news, pictures and blogs from Aerowanderer ? Connect with us for latest information.
- Oman Air operates A330 to Chennai for the first timeOman Air operates A330 to Chennai for the first time ever from Muscat in its 23 years of operation from Chennai.
- THAI Smile operates to Chennai for the first timeTHAI Smile operates to Chennai for the first time from Bangkok using its A320 aircraft. This was a repatriation flight operated by the airline.
- Emirates modifies B777-300ER for cargo operationsEmirates modifies its B777-300ER aircraft for cargo operations by removing the seats in its economy cabin to accommodate cargo in addition to cargo carried in the belly of the aircraft
- Etihad operates to Cuba for the first time everEtihad operates a humanitarian flight to Havana, Cuba for the first time ever using its B777-300ER aircraft from Abu Dhabi
- Emirates to operate to 29 destinations from DubaiEmirates is set to operate to 29 destinations from Dubai using its B777-300ER aircraft adding to the list of destination is is already operating to.
- French bee operates world’s longest domestic flightFrench bee operates the world’s longest domestic flight by flying from Tahiti to Paris using its A350-900 aircraft.